Just when you think life is getting humdrum with the routine, something unexpected happens. Earlier this week I had in depth conversations with two people whom I've known separately as acquaintances for a year or so. The first conversation happened with another Mom at my daughter's school. We were making small talk before we were needed by the teacher and within moments were deep in a conversation about love and relationships. What struck me was that even though we'd been acquainted some time, I didn't really know her story. And what a story! It's amazing that everyone walking around has a story. When I'm in the flow I create the time to hear them!
Then later that same day, I decided spur of the moment to grab a coffee while waiting for my daughter to finish a class. At the counter I ran into a guy I know briefly who has been through a divorce in the last several years. I remembered that I'd run into him several months earlier while on a walk. This synchronicity was so exciting for me. So I asked him if he had time for a chat and before you know it, we were ensconced in the sharing of our divorces, current love lives, and single parenting dilemmas. I felt truly honored that we were able to share our stories and, hopefully, garner support in facing current parenting and relationship ups and downs. I'm still learning that what I need is within reach!

No comments:
Post a Comment