I just returned from a family vacation in the Northwest. Because I'm a strong believer in family ties, I had my daughter fly in for a long weekend from a two week camp that she is participating in. I felt it was so important that she be with my family AND she had been looking forward to this camp for a year. So how could they both be happening at the same time?
The idea to fly in for the weekend was hers! She's darned lucky I'm a flexible Mom that's willing to listen to her. She got to have her camp and hang out with my family as well. It's so important to listen and have the willingness to tackle issues that arise, and especially so when children are dealing with the heartache of a divorced family. For me, dealing with the issues is what keeps me assured I'm living in integrity.

No comments:
Post a Comment